The Centre for Research and Postgraduate Studies (CRPS) was established to effectively engage the academic staff in the University’s research activities which are crucial for the existence of any university. It took over the activities done by the then Centre for Research, Publication and Consultancy (CRPC) which was established in 2012.
The University regards the CRPS activities as vital for the diffusion of expertise for the benefit of a wider community and the academic staff is strongly encouraged to take a lead in the promotion of creativity and innovation through research.
1. To provide research and consultancy services to individuals, institutions and the public in all relevant fields.
2. To encourage intellectual production and dissemination of knowledge in the relevant academic fields.
3. To coordinate research for community development.
4. To act as a repository, accessible to researchers for relevant references.
1. To manage the Master’s Programme of Shariah and Islamic Jurisprudence.
2. To coordinate biannual publication of the SUMAIT University Journal
3. To support researches for the University’s final undergraduate students with GPA 3.0 and above.
4. To support publication of relevant books authored by the University’s academic staff.
5. To support staff participation in academic conferences.
6. To organize conferences and scientific seminars.
7. To exchange research ideas and information within and outside the country.
DIRECTOR OF CRPS
Prof. Yunis Abdille Musa
B.A. (Law), International University of Africa (IUA) (1991-1995).
M.A. (Shariah), Islamic University In Uganda (IUIU) (1998-2000)
PhD (Shariah) Oumdurman Islamic University (OIU) (2001-2004)
- Dean Faculty of Shariah, SUMAIT University (2013-2019)
- Director, Centre for Research, Publications and Consultancy (2012-2018)
- Chief Editor, SUMAIT University Journal (SUJ) (2015-To-date).
- Chairman, SUMAIT University Academic Committee (SAC)(2020-To-date)